Why Does Yahoo Keep Opening in Chrome?
It can be extremely frustrating when you’re trying to use your browser and yahoo keeps opening in chrome. There are a few possible reasons for this issue, and we’ll explore each one below.
4 Reasons Why Yahoo! Keeps Opening in Chrome
1. Yahoo! is set to you default browser
You may have set Yahoo! as your default homepage in Chrome. To check if this is the case, go to chrome’s settings and look under the “on startup” section. If Yahoo! is listed as your default homepage, simply remove it and select another website instead.
2. Malicious software on your machine
Another possibility is that a malicious software program has hijacked your browser and is forcing it to open Yahoo.com. To fix this, you’ll need to run a full virus scan of your computer using anti-malware software.
3. Yahoo! is set as a restricted website in Chrome
It’s also possible that the Yahoo! website has been set as a restricted site in Chrome’s security settings. To check if this is the case:
- Go to Chrome’s settings and click on “show advanced settings.”
- Under the “privacy” section, look for the “content settings” button.
- Click on it and then select “manage exceptions.”
- Here you’ll be able to see if Yahoo.com has been blocked.
If it has, simply remove it from the list and you should be good to go.
4. Your DNS settings need changing
Finally, it’s possible that your DNS settings are causing Chrome to open Yahoo.com instead of your desired website.
To fix this, you’ll need to change your DNS settings to use a public DNS server such as 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168.
Yahoo opening in Chrome solved
We hope that one of the above solutions has helped you to fix the issue of Yahoo! opening in Chrome.
We’ve seen this in many cases and it has always been one of these four reasons. If for any reason they don’t work for you, we recommend browsing the Google Chrome forums.
Other posts and articles you may be interested in.