Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
Mac OS X 10.5 leopard has changed and the Internet Connect application is not in the system anymore. To configure a VPN, the user has to go to the Network Preferences pane and create a connection with the button labeled '+' in the left lower corner, then select VPN and fill in the information on VPNReactor. Follow the steps below:
- Click "System Preferences"
Click on the plus symbol in the lower left corner to add a new connection. (Note: you may need to click the lock icon in the lower left to unlock the preference pane and make changes.)
Under "Interface" select "VPN".
Set the VPN Type: PPTP and Service Name: VPNReactor and Click 'Create'
- The window will now show a place for the Server Address, and Account Name. Set Server Address: vpn.vpnreactor.com and type your VPNReactor username in the field Account Name.
- Click on "Authentication Settings" to set "Password"
- Enter your VPNReactor password in 'Password' field then Press "OK" and Click the checkbox for "Show VPN status in menu bar" (if desired)
- Click "Advanced"
- Click "Options" tab and check "Send all traffic over VPN connection"
- Now click "TCP/IP" tab and set IPv6 to "OFF", then OK
- Click "Apply" in the lower right corner.
- To use VPNReactor, Click "Connect VPNReactor "
Note: Make sure that "Send all traffic over VPN connection" is checked in the settings for VPNReactor.